Natural Home Remedies for Oily Skin
There are many reasons for your skin to become oily for e.g. hereditary, pregnancy, environment, food we eat and many others. Our body secretes oil to keep our body smooth and supple. It also avoids wrinkles which becomes a cause of worry for many.
Measures to avoid Oily Skin
- Drink plenty of water at least 8-10 glasses per day.
- Avoid smoking.
- Have a healthy and balanced diet.
- Use baby powder to dab your face as it works better than many other products.
- You can rub oily areas with apple cider vinegar for a neutralizing effect.
- Use of hot water more often as it is a great solvent.
- To avoid oily skin apply fresh smashed tomatoes on your face.
- The first step of having an oil-free skin is to clean your face with gentle face wash to remove excess oil and dirt. Wipe your face with astringent lotion as it is a fat and grease solvent. The astringent should have acetone and should also be alcohol free. Later apply a watery moisturizer to keep your skin smooth. Remove excess moisturizer by dabbing a tissue over it.
- Blend 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal, 1 egg white, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1/2 cup mashed apple into a smooth paste. Apply this paste on your face for 15 minutes, later rinse it.
- You can apply mud packs or clay masks on your face which helps in soaking oil from the skin. This may provide a temporary relief as the long term effects is inconclusive.
- Egg Mask: Blend 1 egg white, 1 teaspoon camphor spirit, 1 tablespoon skim milk powder and a drop of mint essential oil. Before applying the mask, apply odorless castor oil. Apply the mask, keep it for 15 minutes; wash it off with warm water to be rinsed by apple cider vinegar and water / witch hazel solution.
- Grate a cucumber and keep it in the fridge. Apply this grated chilled cucumber on your face for 15 minutes. Use this at least twice a week for a clean and clear face.
- Cucumber can also be used in juice form mixed with lemon juice. Apply this mixture half-an-hour before you take a bath. The proportion would be 1/2 a tsp each of cucumber and lemon juice.
- Get a facial sauna by using herbs such as lemongrass, licorice root and rosebuds. Keep it in simmer, 2 to 4 tablespoons of fresh or dried herbs in 2 quarts of water. Once you see the steam cover your face over it. To entrap the steam, cover your head with a damp towel and be in that position for 15 minutes. Later wash your face with cold water and dab it dry.
Warning: The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the home remedies from this article. Avoid using any of these products if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the site or the writer.